For my second baking challenge recipe, I am sharing my Super Mango Cheesecake recipe :
Baked Philippine Mango Cheesecake
1 1/2 C Graham Crackers, crushed
1/4 c Unsalted Butter, melted
1/4 c Cashew, toasted and chopped
Combine ingredients and cover bottom of greased pan. Sprinkle with cashew. Place in a chiller.
2 bars Cream Cheese, 8 oz
3/4 c Sugar (fine)
1 tspn Vanilla
1/4 c All Purpose Flour
1/2 c Mango Puree
1 pc Calamansi Juice
2 pcs Egg
1 pc Philippine Mango (cubed)
In a mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar (creaming method). Add vanilla, flour and the rest of the ingredients except for the cubed mango. Add the egg one at a time.
To assemble :
1. Pour half of filling over the crust. Add mango cubes evenly.
2. Pour the rest of the filling.
3. At 350 F, Bake for 45 to 50 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
Food Notes :
1. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving !
2. Mangoes contain an enzyme with stomach-soothing properties, similar to papain found in papayas
3. The amount of vitamin C is higher in green mangoes.
4. Mangoes are high in fiber-- an average sized mango can contain up to 40% of your daily fiber requirement-- but low in calories: about 110 cal per average size mango, and only 1 g of fat!
5. Only 5% of Philippine mangoes are exported, but that's still 3.5 percent of world production.
Reference : Johannes Bley, German Kitesurfer-- Mad about Mangoes.